Saturday, May 12, 2012

To the moms

Tomorrow is Mother's Day! A day for many macaroni framed photos, colorfully crayoned cards, and lots of love to the all-important MOM!

This is a rough day for me. I find no greater joy than to watch my children become thriving, philanthropic, intelligent, independent, beautiful human beings. It is present enough to know that they are well, healthy, and doing what makes them happy. On the other hand, I miss my mother terribly and wish I could make just one more macaroni frame or one more colorfully crayoned card.

But . . . God has graced me with many maternal figures to continue to share love and happiness in their guidance, their support, and their love. Susie, Tana, Peg, and even some men-folk who have done more mothering to me than they will admit! And, of course, I've got my incredible mother-in-law, Inova, who is tough as nails, soft as a Gund bear; and just an incredible human being. I have been truly blessed!

Make this weekend a special weekend. Moms don't need much. They just need to know they are loved and appreciated. Sometimes, just a little time hanging out and sharing space is the best gift ever. Whomever your 'mom' might be, show a little love tomorrow . . . and always. Moms have one of the hardest jobs in the entire world ~ with no monetary compensation. Our stipend is your laughter, your love, your hugs, your happiness.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment