Friday, May 11, 2012

A Precious Gift

You are one of my nicest thoughts . . .

This was on the front of a beautiful and unexpected card that I received yesterday from a gracious soul and dear friend. It has been on my heart since then.

What a simple, honest, and wonderful way to convey to someone that they are not only in your thoughts; but happily! And, more than that, carried in that fabulous forgotten tradition of a handwritten card, sent through snail mail, to a recipient who can hold those words and the card's sentiments as though the gift of them is an actual, tangible present! It was just a fabulous treat in the middle of my afternoon that I can now cherish and revisit any time I choose.

People, know that today . . . you are one of my nicest thoughts. I cherish what you give to me in many facets, on many levels, and in a variety of methods. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment